Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baptism Christening Cake!

Angelia and Brandon had their youngest baby boy, Daven Christopher Nguyen, baptized this past Sunday and Gabe was summoned to be his God Father. Prior to the baptism, Gabe, myself and Brandon went to the baptism class for two weeks to get acquainted with the whole process. Later, I was asked by Brandon to kindly make a cake for the anointment. We arrived at the church at 9:30 AM sharp and the mass started at 10 AM. The whole ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Daven was such a great sport getting his whole body baptized! Lots and lots of family members were there to support and after the ceremony we all went to eat lunch and had some cake!

This cake design was designed whole heartily by me. I wanted Daven's cake to look beautiful and classy. The draping on the bottom tier is white which represents purity. I picked light blue as the second color because it is after all for a baby boy. The holy cross was carved by hand and detail was piped on it. I also made a name plate to specify the special occasion. Hope you enjoy the pictures! =)