Thursday, June 24, 2010

Piggy Cake and Paul Frank Monkey Cake!

So it has been some time since I have last updated this blog. I know some of you have been waiting on this. So much has been going on in my life that I haven't had time and (maybe procrastinated a bit too when I did had the time). Lots of orders have been placed to me and I am so happy that people are thinking of me when they needed a cake! Other than that, I have also had a small vacation and relaxing time with the love of my life in Las Vegas and had
just recently got back home. Oh how I miss relaxing... Now its back to life and reality!

Anywho, a good friend of mine who I have known for years, since high school (everytime I think "since high school", it makes me feel old haha) had asked me to make a cake for her coworker who's leaving. Girl Thien, (we call her Girl Thien, adding her gender in front of her name because her FiancĂ©’s name is also Thien. How cute right?). Thien (the Girl one...hehe) said that she needed a piggy chocolate flavored cake (to serve about 35 to 40 people) because her coworker was leaving and they were throwing her a going away party. She insisted on a butter cream cake without fondant. =)

I graciously made a cake that could feed more than 40 people and the cake turned out really heavy haha. When she picked it up, I had to show her the cake before she took off, and she loved it. Thanks for thinking of me when you needed a cake girl. =)



Ada had asked me if I could make a custom cake for her like a month in. Apparently, her friend loves Paul Frank Monkey, so Ada wanted a Paul Frank Monkey cake. She needed the cake on the weekend that I had to leave town, but I insisted that I could make it for her if she didn’t mind having it a day early.

Since it’s a Monkey themed cake, it would only be right if I made a flavor cake that goes along with the theme, a banana cake! When I delivered it to her, she was in awe and shock when she saw it. I’m glad you loved the cake Ada! =)